Shipping & Delivery
What are my shipping options?
When you make a purchase, we will make goods available for collection from our Melbourne DC in Truganina, Victoria (3029) Australia. You can advise us by return email to your order confirmation, whether you intend to collect the goods yourself, or arrange for a courier to pick up your order. We will advise you of the consignment dimensions so you can book the pickup with your courier. You will need to email us any courier labels and consignment or other notes you wish us to affix to your shipment.
If you wish we can arrange shipping to your door via one of a range of national and international courier services. By selecting any of the Shipping options other than “Customer Pickup”, you are asking us to arrange for shipping for and on your behalf as your agent. The options below outline the various options we can organise for you on your behalf.
When can my order be shipped?
The following are typical timelines.
For orders to be delivered within Australia
- For orders to be delivered by ROAD => We endeavour to ship all orders placed by 2.30pm on the same day that goods are or become available.
- For orders to be delivered by AIR EXPRESS => We endeavour to ship all Airfreight orders placed by 10.30am (Melbourne Time) on the same day that goods are or become available.
For orders to be delivered by Priority Air Express to New Zealand.
- We endeavour to ship all Airfreight orders placed by 10.30am (Melbourne Time AU) on the same day that goods are or become available.
- At this time, only CCTV + Alarm products and accessories are available for airfreight to NZ.
Standard mode of shipping.
Standard Delivery is by TNT or other national Road Express services.
Most orders are dispatched for next working day delivery, however for server and free standing racks along with other large bulky orders it may take 1 – 2 days. WA, Tasmania, NT, and far north Queensland in addition to some Regional areas can take up to 3-5 business days.
TNT Overnight Express, Air Express and other priority services can expedite urgent delivery. If delivery is URGENT contact us and we can make priority arrangements, but please note additional charges will apply.
Comms Direct reserves the right (at our cost), to substitute (at will and without notice), any specified delivery service for any another means of delivery provided always it is considered by us (in our sole discretion) to be the most efficient and expeditious means of effecting delivery of a customer’s order.
Due to covid and it’s effect on the national and international distribution networks, delays may be unavoidable, and whilst we may inform you of anticipated delivery times provided by couriers to us, no guarantees as to delivery timelines can be made in the current climate. You should make allowances for such delays as they affect all networks. We work closely with our regular carriers to ensure we ship using those who are, as advised to us, most likely to effect an expeditious delivery. Please note that no shipments will be processed on Gazetted Victorian Public holidays, and such orders will be processed on the next available business day (excluding our advertised Christmas shut down period.)
Important notes regarding general delivery.
- All Standard (including Free, Overnight Express, Road Express and Technology Express TailLift) deliveries are loading dock, or kerbside delivery only.
- You must provide the means to unload items from the delivery vehicle, and to transport the items intra site.
- For small items this can be done by hand, but for bulky and heavy items (over 30kgs) such as mid to large size data racks a forklift may be required.
- Provision of the appropriate resource for safely unloading consignments is your responsibility. If such resources are not available, then you will require a tail lift which is available for a fee.
- In this instance please select TNT Technology Express at Checkout.
- If you select Free Shipping or Road Express and appropriate resources are not made available at time of delivery, you may incur additional charges for any re-delivery or re-direction or for return to our warehouse if delivery cannot be effected.
For all other delivery requirements such as taking goods up stairs, delivery to a specific room within a building, or positioning goods on-site, we can provide pricing for these premium services which if you proceed, will be billed separately.
Please note that data racks come fully assembled and include packaging. Take note of the dimensions of any doorways, corridors or other passages through which a cabinet must pass to reach the installation, transit or storage location as Comms Direct is not responsible for any such issues.
Important notes regarding Air Freight Services
- We use only premium domestic and international airfreight service providers with a proven history of worldwide expedited delivery. You will receive a confirmation email once the waybill has been generated, but once done, the timeliness of any consignments is dependent entirely upon the carrier and their downstream network. We will provide tracking information once available. SKS has no control of any delivery timelines once the consignment has been picked up.
- In addition to the ordinary risk associated with the transit of goods as detailed in our Terms & Conditions, if you have an extremely time-sensitive shipment, the loss or delay of which may result in consequential damages, you must contact your own insurance agent or broker to insure against such risks, as SKS does not assume any liabilities or risk associated with transit.
- Air Freight delivery timelines are determined from the date of pick up by the carrier, not date of order, noting that goods are dispatched once items for the complete order are available. Please contact us to arrange for part shipments of priority orders.
Where can we deliver?
Whether it’s Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Perth, Canberra, Brisbane, Hobart, Darwin, regional areas, or anywhere else across this continent, we deliver Australia Wide. We also deliver select items to New Zealand (NZ), PNG and beyond.
Same day priority Melbourne and Sydney delivery:
We can arrange for same day delivery to the Melbourne Metro area, and for some items to the Sydney Metro area. For Priority Delivery, please call for a quote, as pricing will vary depending on your location and the urgency of the delivery.
A little about the different Road Services we can arrange for you:
TNT, Toll + Other National Road Express Services
Road Express is a trusted means of transporting goods, door-to-door, Australia-wide. This is the service we utilise for our Standard Deliveries including free shipping.
- Afternoon pick-up for delivery on a nominated day
- A forklift or loading dock is required for delivery using this service.
- If no forklift or loading dock available AND your order weights more than 30kg, please select TNT Technology Express for tail-lift service.
TNT Overnight Express – Subject to availability for your delivery address
When your goods need to be delivered overnight to any location Australia-wide, TNT Overnight Express can help. This premium service will move mountains to move your goods.
- Next business day delivery to all capital cities and major towns (delivery to some regional and remote locations may be 1-2 days)
- Overnight delivery (subject to TNT’s Terms & Conditions) is determined from the date of pick up by TNT, not date of order, noting that goods are dispatched once items for the complete order are available. Please contact us to arrange for part shipments of overnight orders.
TNT Technology Express – Tail Gate Delivery
Sensitive Express is a premium courier service which is designed for the movement of sensitive and / or high value technology products including those which may require a tail lift. *** If you require a tail-lift service, please select this option. ***
IMPORTANT: Regarding Insurance
If you do elect to have us ship your order for you should give serious consideration to Transit Insurance which is optional, but highly recommended. If you wish to opt in to the Transit Insurance Cover below, there will be a charge for this cover indicated at checkout (subsequently reflected on your invoice), or for offline purchased / invoiced goods, as a line item on your invoice. If not, goods will ship uninsured at your risk.